which is to publish my quiz about Bruce Springsteen
and the E Street Band.
Or, if you're in the area, check the weekend section of the paper.
"...and I believe in a promised land."
I dropped in the quiz here, in case the link evaporates.
IMPRESS THE BOSS
By Colleen Smith
Special to The Denver Post
Bruce Springsteen is enjoying a banner year: He performed in Washington, D.C., prior to the inauguration of President Barack Obama, rocked the Super Bowl halftime show, and released his 24th album — "Working on a Dream" — with the title song for "The Wrestler" a Golden Globe- winner for best original song.
Additionally, on April 1, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened its exhibit "From Asbury Park to The Promised Land," with personal effects documenting Springsteen's stellar recording career.
Springsteen and the E Street Band roll into Denver tonight for a gig at the Pepsi Center. If you think you know the buzz on the Boss, check out this quiz with 15 questions on Springsteen.
1. Which of the following statements about Springsteen is true?
a) His music is featured 2 4/7 on two radio stations.
b) He's sold more than 65 million albums in the United States and 120 million worldwide.
c) He's won 19 Grammy Awards.
d) All of the above.
2. Springsteen, no spring chicken, performed a concert in Denver on which of his birthdays?
a) His 26th
b) His 36th
c) His 46th
d) His 56th
3. While on tour, Springsteen relies on which Colorado product?
a) Enstrom's toffee
c) Samsonite luggage
d) Westone earpieces
4. At the E Street Band's 2003 performance at Invesco Field at Mile High, the opening number was a cover of which song?
a) "Get Out of Denver"
b) "Rocky Mountain High"
c) CSU Fight Song
d) "My Hometown"
5. In February, which Denver-based band bumped Springsteen's new studio album "Working on a Dream" to No. 2 on the U.S. Billboard chart?
a) The Fray
c) Space in Time
6. Steve Van Zandt, E Street Band guitarist, was in the cast in which long-running TV series?
b) "The Sopranos"
c) "Sex and the City"
7. The E Street Band's guitar player, Nils Lofgren, is the brother-in- law of which Denver woman?
a) Annabelle Bowlen
b) Adele Arakawa
c) Wendy Aiello
d) Wendy Woo
8. Who was Springsteen's first wife?
a) Patty Smyth
b) Julianna Margulies
c) Julianne Phillips
d) Julianne Moore
9. Springsteen and his second wife, E Street Band backup guitarist and vocalist Patti Scialfa, have how many children?
10. Springsteen recorded covers of which folk singer's songs and will headline this living legend's 90th birthday celebration concert May 3 at Madison Square Garden?
a) Peter Yarrow
b) Arlo Guthrie
c) Woody Guthrie
d) Pete Seeger
11. Springsteen won the Oscar for best original song in 1994, for his song written for which feature film?
a) "Jersey Boys"
c) "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead"
12. Springsteen recorded a solo album named for which state?
b) New Jersey
d) New York
13. In the music video of "Dancing in the Dark," Springsteen pulled which ingenue out of the crowd to join him in a dance on stage?
a) Jennifer Aniston
b) Courtney Love
c) Courtney Cox
d) Gwyneth Paltrow
14. Springsteen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999; and in 2008, he presented which of his friends as an inductee?
a) James Brown
b) Downtown Julie Brown
c) Jackson Browne
d) David Blue
15. Known for his progressive politics, Springsteen included this title track on a 1988 EP released to support the multi-artist Human Rights Now! Tour benefiting Amnesty International.
a) "Born in the U.S.A."
b) "Promised Land"
c) "Chimes of Freedom"
Answers at left
1. (d), 2. (b), 3. (d), 4. (a), 5. (a), 6. (b), 7. (c), 8. (c), 9. (c), 10. (d), 11. (d), 12. (a), 13. (c), 14. (c), 15. (c)