The telltale sign that a squirrel has invaded the house is the sound of the animals running overhead. If you have squirrels in your neighborhood, some preventative measures can save a tremendous amount of damage. To safeguard your home and prevent squirrels from driving you nuts, follow these critter control suggestions:
* Don’t feed squirrels. (I know it's tempting.)
* Check for and repair openings that might allow squirrels entry.
* If you have a fireplace, put chimney screens on the flue.
* If you feed birds, use a feeder with a parabolic bin at the bottom, so that seed doesn’t collect beneath the feeder.
* Keep trees and bushes trimmed back from the house.
* Metal sheeting on trees limits squirrels only if they cannot jump to that tree from another tree or roof. Squirrels can jump about six horizontal feet.