25 May 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Photo by Quincy Benton


Happy Memorial Day. Here's a link to my Examiner.com page, where you'll find a thoughtful piece I just posted on cemetery flowers and gardens. Remember the dead and celebrate life!

I'm happy to report that my new gig as Denver Flower and Garden Examiner is energizing and entertaining and entirely fascinating. My Examiner.com page is popular. Almost immediately, my page went to the top five list of all the Home and Living pages in the U.S. and stayed there. Yesterday, for the first time, my page broke into the top 5 in Denver, where almost 470 Examiners are posting. (Denver was one of the original five test cities for Examiner.com.) As of today, my page ranks second nationally in Home and Living and fourth in Denver. Currently, as of 10:15 this morning, I have 134 hits on my page while the average number of hits in Denver is 8, and the average number of Home and Living hits is 6.

This update drives my Type A personality, but here's my plan: Make entries now, while gardening season is hot. I'm posting like a madwoman right now. I put up my 100th entry yesterday, after only, I think, nine days. I have only one subscriber, and no comments. It's curious to me that so many people hit on these sites, but nobody comments. I know I'd be less inclined to comment if I had to register or do anything like that. And I do realize that not everybody is a compulsive communicator.

Last week, a young woman who has been doing some illustrations for a newsletter that I edit joined us here at (Boot) Camp Colleen. Her name is Quincy Benton, and she did her first photo shoot of my gardens last week. If you visit the site, you'll see a lot of her work. I hope you will enjoy her images as much as I do. Quincy will do some illustrations for the Examiner.com page, too. Her first one is of beautiful beets.

At any rate, I invite you to visit my Examiner.com site. Thanks for reading. I can't think of anything I'd rather be writing about, right now.


P.S. Please pass along my Examiner.com page to anybody who enjoys flowers and gardening. Thanks!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pass it on!

Share/Save/Bookmark