02 May 2009

MAGGIE: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something bluestocking



This enchanting origami crane mobile
animating a corner of my bungalow
is a cherished gift made by Maggie--
also known as MagE--
a tremendously creative young woman
who used to work with me.





Maggie's getting married today,
to Gabriel, in San Luis Obisbo.
I'm sending you two every wish for wedded bliss.

Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something BLUEstocking.

Maggie ushered me into a process
that helped me past some major blocks with my novels.
She also helped me out by housesitting
and tenderly caring for my dogs while I was away.
Once, while I was in San Francisco, my girl Friday crashed,
and Maggie performed Herculean caretaking tasks until I could get home.
I'm forever grateful for her beautiful
spirit and her wicked sense of humor
and this splendid mobile that reminds me always of her.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting her almost-now-husband,
but the fact that he's named after an archangel and is a gardener
and loves Maggie tells me enough.

Cheers to the happy couple on their wedding day!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pass it on!

Share/Save/Bookmark