19 February 2010

THE ARTS: Stained-glass gardens grow in Denver's cathedral


Since I was a wee one, bored in church, I've been enthralled by the luminous beauty of stained-glass windows. This ancient art form originated to help illiterate people understand stories from Scriptures. Check out this link to today's entry on my Examiner.com page, where I serve as Denver Flower and Garden Examiner. This post takes a look at the flowers and plants in the exquisite stained-glass windows inside downtown Denver's Gothic basilica, the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. These are some of the finest windows west of the Mississippi. To read this entry, just click here. I've done a lot of research on stained glass for my first novel, titled GLASS HALO. Set in Denver, the main character is a stained-glass artist. For more details on my soon-to-be-released book, visit Friday Jones Publishing.
Photo by James Baca
This is not a window from Denver's cathedral, but is an example of Munich-style glass that shows the marvelous detail of the stained-glass style. Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pass it on!

Share/Save/Bookmark